It’s the season of giving!!
Please join us and celebrate this giving season by living the values that matter most in this world, and which ultimately connect us as one global community. To prepare you for Giving Tuesday, we want to help you get ready to celebrate with us in the following ways:
Shop for Impact!
This Black Friday and Cyber Monday, when you shop on Amazon.com, switch to smile.amazon.com instead, and choose “Asante Africa Foundation” as your beneficiary. Everything will remain same for you, and Amazon will donate .05% of your purchase price to us.
Donate on Facebook, on November 27th, Giving Tuesday
There are two simple ways to donate on Facebook on Giving Tuesday:
- Donate directly on Asante Africa Foundation’s Facebook page Go to https://www.facebook.com/AsanteAfrica, and click on donate.
- Create a Fundraiser If you are on Facebook, you have likely seen Birthday Fundraisers that friends set up for a cause they care about. Did you know that Facebook does not charge any fees to the nonprofit for these Birthday Fundraisers? This means that 100% of the funds raised go straight to your designated nonprofit. That’s why – for this year’s Giving Tuesday – we are asking you, our community, to set up your own Facebook fundraisers in support of Asante Africa Foundation’s annual appeal. An added bonus is that there will once again be a Giving Tuesday match on Facebook. This year, Facebook is partnering with PayPal to match up to $7 million in donations made on Facebook, starting at 8 am EDT on Giving Tuesday.
How to create your fundraiser?
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Raise Money.
3. Choose option 3, “Non Profit”.
4. Select Nonprofit/Charity.
5. Select a charitable organization, choose a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser details.
6. Click Create.
We want everyone to have their fundraiser set up the day before so that they can encourage people to donate on Giving Tuesday and take advantage of the PayPal match!
Our goal is to get 25 “Giving Tuesday Fundraisers for Asante Africa Foundation” on Facebook. Facebook will send all funds raised directly to Asante Africa Foundation – you will not have the hassle of handling and turning in the funds yourself.
Once your fundraiser is set up, you can inform and inspire your friends and family members to support a cause that you are passionate about – ending gender inequality and extreme poverty around the world! Your friends and family can donate to your Fundraiser in just a few clicks, without ever leaving Facebook. All donations are 100% tax deductible, and they will even get tax receipts for their donations!
In the meantime, check out this link that explains more about the special Facebook/PayPal match and how to create a Facebook Fundraiser.
Stay connected with the latest news at Asante Africa. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@AsanteAfrica), or sign up to our newsletter by filling the form below: