Sakil Malik, a veteran of work in international development, is the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of the Global Center for Innovation and Learning. He has recently served as Senior Global Education Practice Leader for DAI Inc., Vice President of Global Development at World Learning Inc., and Director for the Reading within Reach (REACH) Project and Global Reading Network (GRN) funded by USAID. He has more than 25 years of experience in international project management, focused on literacy, youth development, social and human development and human rights. His portfolio at Creative Associates as the Senior Associate/Director was $100 million across five countries; Tanzania, Timor Leste, Cambodia, India and Tajikistan. Before arriving at Creative, he was the Director of Global Operations at the International Reading Association (now ILA) in Washington, DC, where he led program management of literacy projects and provided strategic leadership and direction to the Executive Team. He has successfully won and administered funding from government and corporate funders, including USAID, UNESCO, Pearson Foundation, Hewlett and Nokia Corporation. He has a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership and Policy from the University of Maryland, USA, a Master’s Degree in Economics from Aligarh University in India, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce from Dhaka University in Bangladesh. He is a certified project manager with CIPM, CMMP and MPM certifications. Sakil lives in Maryland with his wife and two children!
- Asante Africa Foundation Named as a Finalist for the 2022 .ORG Impact Awards September 29, 2022
- From the brink of giving up, to preparing for graduation: Hadija’s bright future September 23, 2022
- A Summer in East Africa Well Spent September 15, 2022
- We are all Learners and We are all teachers. September 1, 2022
- Asante Africa’s Girls’ Advancement Program Supports Women’s Equality Day August 22, 2022
- Why should you invest in East Africa’s Youth? August 19, 2022